Monday, June 23, 2008

snowmobile season is over


Well I figured since Julee gets to blog all the time I could a little bit. We had a great year of sledding with quite a few days of 3 ft fresh powder. Just incredible. Because of the high snowpack I had my last ride Saturday June 20th. Despite riding over sagebrush, creeks, and dirt once we got up to 9000 ft elevation there was still decent snow. This is a photo of one of the chutes I climbed. You can see my track going up through it. For reference the lone rock sitting by it's self to the left of the begining of the narrow part of the chute is the size of my snowmobile. Spring time snow isn't the funest to play in but the best to climb things like this because there is zero avalanche danger. There is also a link of me and some of my buddies riding here if you don't have anything else to do :) Worth watching though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxaWZm0Qrwk

8 comments:

Christin said...

What a gorgeous picture. Looks like fun.

Christin

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

what up zeb! looks like you had a sweet day up in the mountains.

hope all is well with your cute little family. we are great, plugging along and loving life in chitown. keep in touch!

Arah Debra said...

Sorry your season us over, but it looks like you got everything out of it you could.

Draper's said...

Zebby, You are seriously a die hard - I love it. Hopefully we can ride more next year. Hey and you have to help Ricky and I put our turbos on this year. Next year will be rockin! Matt

Ricky Bangerter said...

Dude, remember when i used to go sleddin all the time. I should be more like that. I think I'll join the ranks of Turbo very soon. Hard to be impressive on a stocker.

Christin said...

Julee,
When are you due?

Christin

Updates From The Outback said...

I watched. I enjoyed. As an Alice Springs resident, I just wanted to know...what is the white stuff your jet skiis were in, and where do you find a lake with all those high swales and pollution lookin stuff to wade through....?

.....and what do you mean "Julee gets to blog all the time?"

Christin said...

Ok, time to see more pictures. Are you getting close to having a baby or what?

Christin